Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Train, Lifeguard, and Nose

I was enroute to baseball practice a couple weeks ago when I heard a funny whistling sound in the van.

"Do you hear that?" I asked the boys.

"Hear what?" they both asked.

"That whistling sound." I was sure they were feigning ignorance. It was a very noticeable, frustrating sound.

"Does it sound like 'this'," Daelyn asked, making a strange noise, " 'cause that's my throat."

"No, son, it's not a throat sound. It sounds like a whistle."

Dane piped up immediately. "It's the seal on this window, Mom. I've noticed it's been making noise lately when we're driving fast and the air whistles through the window."

I glanced over to the passenger door. The seal around the door/window was, indeed, drooping down. I gave Dane instructions to push it back into place to eliminate that irritating sound. He complied.

A few minutes later, the same sound. I looked at the passenger door again. No, the seal was still intact right where it should be.

"That wasn't it, Dane. I still hear it."

After a moment's pause, Dane said, "Does it sound like 'this'?" There it was - that annoying 'wind whistling through the window' sound.

"YES!! That's it!!" I gleefully responded.

When Dane didn't say anything, I tilted my head and looked sideways at him. He had a big grin on his face as his eyes met mine.

"That's my Nose Whistle, Mom,"

1 comment:

Eric said...

love it. too funny!