Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fun, fun, fun

Alicia has an aversion to the word "fun", which she pointedly mentioned to us after I commented how "fun" lunch had been at the restaurant on the beach.

"Why does everything have to be 'fun'?" she asked. The kids and I just looked at each other.

Okay, I understand that life is more than just the sum total of fun experiences. We all need to learn responsibility and discipline. Our relationship with the Lord is far more important than having a good time. But, I still maintain that all of these things can be fun if you just have the right attitude.

When I was younger, fun wasn't as paramount. But now, as an older mom, I really want life to be fun - for me AND my children.

Lunch should be fun, riding in the car should be fun, being together as a family must always be fun. I'm just sorry for Alicia that she doesn't get this.

1 comment:

Eric said...

F-U-N! It's the name of the game!