Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Tongue Twister

On the way to Dane's baseball practice last night (which turned out to not really be a practice), we were stopped at a light. To our right was a large drugstore, an Eckerd or Walgreens, or something or other. What struck me was a BLUE BOX sitting in front of it with the words "Blockbuster" emblazoned across it.

The children noticed it first and we all had a good laugh.

"I guess Blockbuster is trying to compete with Red Box," I commented, slurring my words hopelessly. But that gave me an idea.

"Hey, guys, bet you can't say 'Blockbuster Blue Box' five times!"

I couldn't even successfully do it twice. The second time, it always came out 'Blockbuster Blue Blox'.

The children tried, repeatedly (and I DO mean repeatedly; it kept them occupied for about 10 solid minutes). Dane finally succeeded, after many attempts, to do it 3 times in a row. Neither Deanna nor I had any success, and the original challenge of 5 times, we decided, was an impossibility.

You try it. Say "Blockbuster Blue Box' 3 times fast and see what a mess you end up with.

Just a normal Monday afternoon on the road with the Doughty's.

No comments: