Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Bet It Made His Night

We're at Grandpa Doughty's and went out to dinner last night at Outback. It's been much cooler here in Parkersburg, WV than our typical 101 at home. I realized, once we were seated in the restaurant, that I should have brought a winter coat; it was like a meat locker inside.

Finally, after waiting about 20 minutes for our hot food to arrive, I couldn't stand it any longer and took my brown cloth napkin and someone else's and draped them over my arms. Deanna passed me her purse to put in my lap, thinking the fabric might help warm me up a little.

The family seemed to get quite a kick out of my napkin-draped arms. As we were goofing around, I put a napkin over my head, gazed out through the small slit left as it fell around my face, and uttered,

"You have no idea how strong the dark side of the force is . . ." Just as I was laughing diabolically, the waiter appeared with our meals.

Grandpa tried to quickly warn me, but I couldn't get the napkin off my head in time.

The waiter smiled politely, handed me my HOT coffee, then reached to a neighboring tablee for sugar.

"Here's some sugar for your coffee, Darth," he said.

Everybody's a comic.

No comments: