Search This Blog

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Much to Do

The Christmas Faire is just two days away. Today I have to write Job Descriptions for about a dozen different jobs. Although I have people in headship of the Bakery, the Crafts, Decorating, Children's Activities, and Food, there are lots of other jobs and I don't think I'll have the time to explain to everyone what they need to do upon their arrival for their shift at 3:45 Saturday. In addition, I have to make sure everyone (all 87 people working) have costumes. Yesterday, the person in charge of decorating brought 5 unfinished aprons and 5 matching neckerchiefs over for me so I could make arrangements for someone to finish the aprons. According to my count, even when these are finished, we'll still be about 4 short. I had an old sheet that someone had donated that I had cut into the right size for aprons, but these pieces need to be finished on all four sides and a casing sewn into the top for a string. A friend of mine called yesterday morning and volunteered to help in any way she could. So, I called her around dinnertime and asked if she would be willing to work on these aprons.

When we returned from Church last night, about 8:30, there was a message on the answering machine asking if my friend could borrow my sewing machine. The one she was using ran into some problems and she had not yet gotten anything done. Don ran our sewing machine over to her and I'm hoping she'll be able to get the aprons done.

There are still lots of items to gather together, also. And still more phone calls to make. But, the Lord has been with us at every turn. I know he will continue to.

Don and I make sure we take the time to pray together every night and the Lord is returning the effort by working out all the details. It's amazing how I'll get a phone call from someone saying they'd like to work for us at the Faire and, within hours, I'll get a call from someone saying they're not able. The Lord's already set up the replacement for me.

I know I must just rely on Him and all the work will get done as long as I work my best at doing my part. And doing my part, I shall.

Goodbye for today, and probably until Sunday. Pray for us, especially Friday night and Saturday morning as we set up. The Faire is a fund-raiser for our school, but it is also an Evangelistic activity. I'm sure the Lord has much in store for us.

No comments: