Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Holiday Season is Here

Deanna: "The hot eggnog is steaming up my glasses. It's such a pain wearing glasses. When I run at basketball practice, they steam up. That's why I need contact lenses.

Me: "Wishful thinking, dear."

Deanna: "Do you think Santa could bring me contact lenses?"

Me: "Well, I think you have to have a prescription first."

Deanna: "I know! We could run to the eye doctors, get the prescription, then fax it to Santa."

Me: "Okay - but you have to give Santa at least two choices of gifts to get you. He may not get you contacts."

Deanna: "I'll give him another option that's impossible, like a Wii! Then he'll have no choice but to give me contacts!"

When your child begins to attempt to manipulate Santa, it may be time for him to stop visiting her. At the VERY least, she needs to be on his "Bad List" this year.

No comments: