Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Look out, Drivers!!

Deanna obtained her Learner's Permit today!  We're all very excited.  I took her out to the local Mexican Restaurant for lunch to celebrate (and, also, because she had missed lunchtime at school).  Before we left, I called over our good friend, Jesus, the manager, to share our good news.  Deanna pulled out her official paper copy and proudly displayed it.

"Ouch-y-wah-wah!" yelled our Mexican friend excitedly.  He called over another server and, together, the two of them read every word.  Deanna watched, fascinated that anyone would care that much.

I found myself wondering if they've never seen one before, if they did it simply because they know we're good customers and wanted to ensure our continued patronage, or if they could possibly have been that interested.

In any case, for the first time ever, my daughter heard someone other than me exclaim, "Ouch-y-wah-wah!"  Maybe now she'll believe I really didn't make that up.

No comments: