Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

New take on an old theme

Somehow or other, we ended up watching the Miss America 2012 Pageant.  I tried to talk the kids into watching an episode of a weekly show on the computer, but they seemed fascinated by the Pageant.

Slowly, but surely, the boys disappeared off to bed.  I finally asked Deanna,

"Can't we change the channels NOW, hon?"

"Well," she said, "I need to go brush my teeth, but I'd really like to see the end of the bathing suit competition."

"That WAS the end," I responded.

"What?  They don't SWIM?  They just parade around in bathing suits looking hot?  Where's the athleticism?"

Great new idea for the Miss America Pageant.  After marching onstage in skimpy bathing suits and heels, they ought to take to the Pool and try to look sexy while swimming laps!!

Now THAT I might enjoy watching.


No comments: