Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Emergency - 911!

Post Script: Just after Posting this morning, I jumped into the tub and was washing my hair when I heard Daelyn wailing all the way down the hallway. He came into the bathroom with his finger bleeding profusely. Apparently, he had decided, while I was bathing, that he needed some apple slices. He said he tried to use the paring knife sitting next to the sink, but it wasn't sharp enough, so he reached in the drawer and pulled out my pearl-handled, 12-inch serated knife, the sharpest blade I have in the house, and began attempting to cut up the apple half. He sliced his finger, fairly deeply, and I had to rush him to the doctor's for stitches. I'll fill you in on the details later.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, gosh! He'll be OK though. I had something similar happen to me when I was 15...old enough to know better but still was an accident. I was slicing a pizza with that circle rolling blade thingy and ran right over my thumb! I had about 7 stitches and still have a scar..

You can get an apple slicer..OXO brand(try Bed Bath and Beyond or other kitchen supply store),or Pampered Chef sells them..they look like a circle with metal cutters set into it (think wagon wheel spokes) and you just mash it down from the top of an apple. It cores and slices at the same time!!These are not too sharp and they are very fast and handy..you should get one if you don't have one now....

I surely hope your son feels better now...