Search This Blog

Friday, June 01, 2007

School's out . . . fun's in!!

The last day of school always begins with a full-school assembly. Parents are invited because children and volunteers receive awards at the Assembly. I got a Certificate of Appreciation for substituting this year. Deanna and Dane both got awards for memorizing the monthly scripture all 9 months of the school year. Then we were dismissed to the elementary classrooms where the children each received an award from their teachers. Dane's virtue was Meekness and Deanna's was Determination. That about sums up my two older children. Daelyn's will most likely be Tenacity next year.

School dismissed at 11:50 for the summer. I went straight from the classroom awards to the yard sale my friend was having that I was participating in. We shut down there at 3:00, Don and the boys came over, we loaded up a recliner of ours that we're selling out of the den so we can fit our new couch in tomorrow and delivered it to the buyer, then came home for an hour before Daelyn's baseball game at 5:00. Then it's off to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate the end of school!!

The Headmaster talked to parents and students today at assembly about the beginning of summer and the Gospel reading for the day. He asked the kids if they were happy about being out of school for three months. Loud screams of "yes". Then he asked the parents the same question. Loud screams of "no" except, of course, from me.

I can't wait to get a start on summer with my children. I wait all year round for summer vacation and having time to relax with my children.

Summer's in session - let the fun begin!!

No comments: