Search This Blog

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Brothers-At-Arms

The boys are driving me crazy. They play with each other (when they're not fighting or arguing) constantly - all through dinner, while they should be dressing for school, in the bathroom with toothbrushes in their mouths . . .

This evening, when one was supposed to be bathing and the other was supposed to be laying out his school clothes for tomorrow, they came chasing down the hallway and into the dining room with light sabers ablaze.

"STOP!" I shrieked.

"What?!" they asked, innocently, as if clueless they were converting our home into a field of battle in some perpetual jousting tournament.

I spend more time separating them than cleaning the house. It gets VERY frustrating.

Tonight, when Don got home from work, I was talking to him about how much I was struggling with the all-day play date.

"That's a good thing, isn't it?" he asked. "Don't we want our children to be close?"

Yeah, right. Close is one thing, battling siblings is quite another. You just wait until this weekend, Daddy. I'll leave you with them for about six hours, take Deanna and go shopping. Then we'll just see how glib you are.

No comments: