Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tackling the Linen Closet

Whew! I'm in the process of cleaning out and re-organizing the big linen closet in the children's bathroom. I did this job over the summer, but things have gotten out of place and they always seem to grow. When we could no longer close the closet door, I knew it was time to tackle it again.

I've been jamming stuff (truthfully, putting it neatly) into Space Bags, then dehydrating them like pancakes. I've found that, over time, the air seems to creep back into the bags, but as long as I stash them while still deflated, I can best utilize the tall top shelf. I've finished all but the bottom shelf. And it shouldn't take too long. The bottom shelf holds rugs and mats and is spacious. So, a few more minutes and I can line that job off my list. And, I'm getting rid of a few items from the closet, as well, which always makes a job seem more worthwhile.

I still have the Den and Spare Bedroom to tackle before my cousin, two aunts and uncle arrive from Canada for my nephew's wedding April 4. My cousin will be staying here, his parents with my parents. I'd would be nice if he has a room to use without having to crawl over the legos.

But we're making progress - ever moving forward, cleaning, organizing, getting rid of yet more stuff. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My kitchen counters have actually stayed clean for 4 weeks. YAY!

1 comment:

Eric said...

When you are finished there, come over to my house! :)