Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Well, whatever . . .

I've been so busy the last month, and so exhausted, that one day has just run into the next. It seems I've lost all track of time. In addition to my hand surgery and kidney stone, I'm substitute teaching 7th grade math for a few days, my sister and I planned and put on a Bridal Shower for my niece last night, and my mother injured her arm and has been unable to use it. I've been spending as much time as possible checking in on her and taking meals back and forth. My house looks like a tornado ran through and my body feels the same.

Yesterday, Deanna and I were chatting when the topic of her science project came up.

"You need to get moving on your project, hon," I told her.

"I know, Mom. Faith and I were supposed to get together last Saturday to work on it, but we had the basketball tournament and weren't able to," she said.

"When is it due?" I asked.

"Not until sometime in March."

Wow, my very confused mind told me, and I responded, "You'd better hurry up! February's almost done!"

There was a moment of silence while Deanna looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Mom," she said. "It's February 1st!"

Did I mention I'm a little confused?

1 comment:

Faith said...

Deanna said that she would provide the bagels, and I'll provide the place to do it. Maybe after school on Thursday or Monday we could get together at my house. Just let me know! I've been so busy lately! Sorry Aunt Patty!
-Faith