Search This Blog

Monday, March 08, 2010

Scary on so-o-o-o many levels

Me: "Dane, did you feed the dog his breakfast?"

Dane: "Hmh, I don't know!"

Me: "Son, how can you NOT know? Every single day, you take him for his walk, then you feed him breakfast. Did you take him for his walk?

Dane: "YES. I'm SURE I did that."

Me: "So, did you feed him or not?"

Dane: "I don't remember, Mom."

Me: "Well, since he's hovering in the kitchen, looking hungry, I doubt you did. Normally, he's gone back into our bedroom to take his nap by now. Think hard, son. This is the only meal he gets all day. You need to remember."

Dane: "I just don't know, Mama."

Daelyn: "Why don't you ask Donovan?"

I stopped in the middle of swiping mayo onto sandwich bread to observe. Dane walked to where the dog was lying pitifully, leaned towards him, spoke his name and waited till Donovan made eye-contact, then simply asked,

"Donovan, did I feed you today?"

As we all watched, Donovan CLEARLY shook his head - three times. First to the right, then the left, then back to the right.

Dane: "Okay. He said 'no'. I must have forgotten. I'll feed him now, Mama."

Me, cautiously: "You know, Dane, you can't always trust him, especially not when it comes to asking about food. He lies."

True story.

2 comments:

Faith said...

That's so hiliarious that your dog actually shook his head!! Lol!!

Eric said...

too funny!