Search This Blog

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Another Installment in the Donovan Saga

A friend came by the house a couple of weeks ago to visit and, of course, Donovan began jumping up, trying to greet her.

Me: "Daelyn, take the dog and lock him up in the bathroom, please."

Daelyn obediently disappeared with the dog. I noticed the boy didn't return and then realized he was staying in the bathroom with his beloved pet. About 20 minutes later, they both re-appeared in the kitchen.

Me: "DAELYN! I told you to put Donovan in the bathroom. Honey, he's going to jump up on Aunt Laura."

Daelyn: "I DID take him to the bathroom, Mom. But Donovan and I had a long discussion and he has agreed to not jump up on Aunt Laura anymore if I let him out of the bathroom."

How do you respond to this kind of reasoning and love? With what's quickly becoming my "pat" answer.

Me: "Daelyn, you can't trust him. He lies."

No comments: