Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taking Humor a Little Too Far

Admittedly, we're a fun family. We enjoy being together so much that just about anything can be fun for us. Several weeks ago, on the way home from church, Don filled up his car at a gas station that has a car wash. You would've thought we were on vacation to hear the hoops and hollers as we went through. We love life, especially when we're together.

But I think the following is taking enjoying being together just a little too far.

We're sitting around the table eating dinner last night. For a minute or two, there was absolute silence. Then, out of nowhere (totally random, as Deanna would say), Dane yelled,

"Nuclear missiles!"

Daelyn cracked up, as did Dane. Deanna got tickled at how much they were laughing and burst into laughter herself. I couldn't be the odd man out, so I laughed, too. As we sat around the table, immersed in our own ridiculous humor, I shook my head.

When you enjoy being together, I suppose ANYTHING can be funny.

No comments: