Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Day of Peace

Despite the sickies who've been home from school and church over the last few days, I feel so peaceful. Dane stayed home Friday with a headache, nausea, and aching throat. Deanna came into the my bathroom while I was in there Sunday morning, rummaged through my drawer looking for a thermometer, then began telling me how bad she felt. I took the boys to church by myself. This morning, after checking on Daelyn after 7:00 to make sure he was up, I heard him coughing uncontrollably and decided to keep him home.

But I had the most peaceful Saturday I can remember in a very long time. I slept in, trying to recoup some of my lost rest from the last several weeks, then did a couple of things with the boys that they've been begging to do, including a library run. I did some laundry and some housecleaning chores, watched a movie with Deanna, then managed a short nap. I got up in time to make a nice dinner, clean up the kitchen, and we headed over to Kelly's house for a bonfire (or bonefire, as Deanna and I thought Dane said, but he claims he didn't).

Although Sunday was busy, it was also very peaceful. And today has been a wonderful day. I've gotten some cleaning and organizing done, most of the laundry finished, and had a very peaceful day, moving from room to room, despite Daelyn being under foot.

It's been an unexpected oasis in a life of craziness. And just what I needed to steady myself before launching into the last 6 weeks of school! A deep breath, a smell of Easter lilies, and a clean den - YAY!!

No comments: