Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cough, hack, wheeze goes the Patti

I dug through the cabinet this evening and found 5 Cipro I have left from my bout with kidney stones. I'm taking one immediately. I've GOT to do something about this coughing, the headaches, and the exhaustion after 3 p.m. each day.

I did research it on the Internet and found a number of situations where people had written that their doctor's prescribed Cipro for bronchitis. I realize that bronchitis is generally viral, but my doctor had already given me an antibiotic, just an ineffective one for my condition, so he must think there's a bacterial component this junk. So, I'm breaking out the Cipro and hoping for some improvement in time to prepare for my trip to my niece's wedding.

Oh, yes, and I'm praying for sleep tonight - desperately praying. But I'm coughing so much right now that, unless something drastic happens over the next hour, I doubt I'll be sleeping much tonight, either. I may have to move into Don's recliner and sit up to get any rest. I guess I should just be thankful we have a recliner that can be used in an emergency.

No comments: