Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Tunnel Vision

I know it's the first day of "real" summer vacation for the kids. Daelyn reminded me this morning. This is the first day they would've been in school if it wasn't for Summer Vacation.

I know they want to be doing fun things, although I haven't yet heard any complaints. But we have so much to get done in preparation for our trips this summer, I just can't see beyond "the list".

I have to get shot records from the Vet for a my niece, who's keeping Donovan for us for a few days. I have to get beads and a hair comb for my sister, the mother-of-the-bride, who already did this once, then discovered she had glued the pearls and rhinestones (to match the bride's dress) on the wrong part of the hair comb and they'll now be neatly imbedded in hair. We have to make a new one, but she used all the beads for the first one, so I need to hit the Bridal Store.

I have to pack, which is a daunting task. We'll be gone for 10 days and I'm not sure we'll be able to do wash, so I have to have many, many outfits for the kids.

Then there's the food preparation and freezing, the grocery list for shopping while we're gone, making sure Don has clothes and food here while we're gone . . .

As much as I want to do something fun with the kids today to kick off summer, I have to prepare for their summer right now.

I've gently suggested that this would all go quicker if they helped . . . so far, no response.

No comments: