Search This Blog

Monday, October 03, 2011

It Happens to the Best of Us

On the way home from church yesterday, driving down the big hill in North Augusta, Daelyn asked thoughtfully,

"Mom, is THAT thing a tree or something else?"

We all glanced up at the towering "thing".  I've never been able to figure that out myself.  It looks like a pine tree, but the branches don't start until very near the top and it's really, really tall.

"Honey, I have no idea," I responded.  "It looks like a tree, but I just don't know for sure."

Don cut through the confusion.

"It's a radio tower that they disguised to LOOK like a tree," he explained - - which led to much quiet thoughtfulness.

Finally, I asked the question.

"If they intended to make it look like a tree, why didn't they put branches all the way up?"

"I don't know," Don said.  "But they must have tried to disguise it because of some type of city ordinance or something."

Daelyn, in true Daelyn fashion, responded quietly, "Maybe they ran out of funding."

No comments: