Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Lobes Have It

Daelyn, the baby, has this thing about ears. In my effort to try and break him from always having his hand down the front of my shirt (Nursing mothers everywhere, unite!), I encouraged him to find something else to rub when tired or while nursing after running into a Catholic Priest friend at the grocery store.

The kids spotted Fr. John further down the way in the meat department and started yelling to him. To keep from attracting every man in the store named John, I sent the two older ones running to greet him while I picked the baby up out of our buggy. Distracted by what meat was on sale, as I approached him, I was oblivious to the fact that Daelyn thought it was naptime and had begun his pre-nap ritual of "nursy-rubbing". Fr. John took one glance and then bent down to Daelyn's eye level. "You have a fixation on breasts, little guy, and you better get over it, because not all women are going to be as accomodating as you mama" he announced, then added, "at least we hope not!"

Soon after, Daelyn discovered earlobes. He rubs, yanks, twists, sucks on ... Yesterday, we were at the drugstore picking up ear drops for Dane who was just diagnosed with swimmer's ear when the baby, not being able to reach me, substituted Dane's very sore ear and gave it a hefty tug. Dane burst into tears, Daelyn was clueless, and Deanna sat humming tunes from Phantom of the Opera.

It's not that I mind the ear fixation, I just wonder how long it's going to last.

Scene in High School Locker Room

Hunk on Left: Wow, did you see the legs on that new cheerleader? They went all the way to
heaven.

Hunk on Right: Yeah, but they don't compare to that rack she's carrying around.

Daelyn: I couldn't help but noticed she has some righteous lobes!

1 comment:

Patti Doughty said...

Just wanted to see how this works - no comments yet.