Search This Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Close to God


This is me - can't you tell? I was parasailing at the time. At this point, I was high enough up that you can barely see the parachute, let alone me.

Deanna took this picture from the boat. I was taking pictures from the air with a waterproof disposable camera Don bought for me. My pictures show the boat progressively getting smaller and smaller. While I was in the air, the only way I could tell how high I had gotten was by the size of the boat. At this point, I was probably around 800 feet up.

If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken Deanna up with me. She loves to go high on swings and this would be the ultimate high swing ride. Hopefully, there'll be other opportunities.

On another note, my precious baby girl has almost finished her week with Grandma and Grandpa and I can't wait for her to get home. We're picking her up tomorrow at a half-way point.

When Deanna was born, people kept telling me that since my first child was a girl, I would always have peace in my home. I didn't quite get that, but I heard it from, literally, dozens of people. As Deanna gets older and becomes the big sister in practical ways, I notice it more and more. Often, by her absence, like this week. The boys have been intolerable - disobedient, belligerent, basically stinkers. Yesterday, Daelyn called me a "dumb Mommy" and Dane threw a toy car at me when I told him it was bathtime (for which they were both disciplined - I exercised amazing restraint by only sending them to their rooms). They never act like this when Sissy's home. She has a way of weaving them into her activities without them even realizing. She keeps them occupied and entertained in ways they can't think of on their own.

Come home, Sis, while you still have brothers. If we have to wait too much longer, their health may be in danger!

No comments: