Search This Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Non-Stop Commentary

I was just checking out my Post from earlier to make sure the picture downloaded correctly. Daelyn is standing at my shoulder looking at the picture of me parasailing.

Daelyn: "Oh, look, a hot air balloon."

Me: "That's not a hot air balloon. It's me, when I was parasailing. See that little spot at the bottom of the parachute. That's me."

Daelyn: "Turn the picture around so I can see the boat." (He's been watching over my shoulder as I do 3-D photo tours of hotels - we're shopping for a place to stay for our anniversary.)

Me: "You can't turn the picture around, son. That's the picture, just like that."

Daelyn: "Why did the sign say 'Alligator Crossing'? There was no water there."

Me: ? No need to respond. I have no idea what he's talking about. Does the child ever follow a single train of thought? I wonder.

Daelyn, completely undeterred by my lack of response: "See this little thing on my finger? It hurts." He presses one thumb up against the other until it turns white and jams it so close to my face I can touch it with my tongue."

Me, laughing: "I can't see anything. It's way too small."

Daelyn: "I have to go to the bathroom."

He's down the hall in the halfbath now, talking non-stop. But he doesn't seem to expect a response from me, which is just fine since I'm busily typing. NONSTOP!! He's talked the entire time I've been writing. Don's concerned about Kindergarten. Thankfully, we have one more year to try to curb the constant chatter.

Ah, the boys too much like his mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On each report card the teachers always wrote, "Eric is a good student, he just talks too much."