Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Missing Jack-knife

I found it! I found it! I found it, I found it, I found it.

I've been on a deep-cleaning binge since the children went back to school, trying once again to unclutter and divest of junk. In the kitchen on my bar counter, as well as in the Den and probably every other room in the house, I have a junk bowl. Friends who are much better at keeping their homes in order than me have told me they have a junk drawer that they toss all the loose items into and clean out about once every three months. I don't have ANY spare drawers in my kitchen or den, so I use a bowl.

Anyway, I dumped the kitchen bowl out on the counter today to get rid of junk that's accumulated in it. As I was sorting through refrigerator magnets without the magnet, hair bows and autographed pictures of Santa, I finally got to the bottom of the bowl to discover DANE'S STAINLESS POCKET KNIFE that my brother, Uncle Chuckie, gave him months ago.

I can't wait for him to get home so I can present it to him with a big grin.

Almost makes this drudgery of cleaning out everything worthwhile.

No comments: