Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

Peace, despite ...

By last night, I was at the heighth of frustration with the whole "moving to England" situation. We know nothing! Don's over there, I'm separated from my husband, my children and even the dog miss their daddy, and we have NO IDEA when we'll be leaving. I talked to Don on the phone for an hour last night. He explained that he should have his work permit by early next week.

Don: "When I have it in my hand, I'll go talk to the H.R. Woman and ask her about getting an address. You have to have an address to enter the country. Then, once they've got a place for us to live, we'll see about tickets to get you over here. But I don't know how much lead-time they need for tickets. I know the longer they have, the cheaper they are. So it might still be a couple of weeks."

Me, screaming at the top of my lungs: "WEEKS!!! Did you say WEEKS?"

Don: "Well, honey, first things first."

Me: "What do you mean?!? Can't they be doing some of these things simultaneously. Can't they go ahead and get our plane reservations and look for an apartment while they're waiting on the Work Permit?"

Don: "They'll get to it in due time."

Me: "How about, you give me their number and I'll call and talk to them!"

Don: "I don't think so, honey. Just be patient."

Patience. HA! Easy for him to say. He's working 12 - 14 hours a day. He has no time for anything but WORK. I'm the one left behind with 3 children, chomping at the bit to see England and be re-united with Daddy.

I breathed a prayer asking the Lord to give me peace. I admitted that I want to be in the center of His will.

This morning, my devotion during my prayertime was Psalm 37:7, "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him."

Alright, Lord, could you be any clearer? I'll try...really hard. But could all you out there say a prayer for me, as well, to be content to wait on the Lord and to desire to be in the center of his timetable, not my own.

Sigh. So much to learn.

No comments: