Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And the Hits Just Keep on Coming ...

We put Don on the plane yesterday afternoon. It was very emotional. He was so sweet. He talked individually with each of the children. He told Deanna to not lock herself in her bedroom listening to her music and to help me. He told Dane that I needed lots of help and that he should do everything he could to assist me with packing and the dog. I didn't hear his conversation with Daelyn.

After picking up some take-out for dinner, we headed back to the airport to watch his plane fly overhead and WERE HIT by a pick-up truck. The van is totalled but we're all alright - bruised and scratched up, but fine. It truly was a miracle. We were traveling at about 55, going through a green light, when an elderly man turned right into us. The entire front end of the van is crushed in, but it did it's job and our guardian angels did theirs.

So, in addition to buying and wrapping Christmas presents, sorting through all our decorations in the attic and finding a few to take with us, meeting with the children's teachers to get their school work, making all our other arrangements and packing, I now have to deal with insurance companies and a body shop.

Big sigh. Oh, well, I'll have three months free from worry to rest up. Jolly old England, here we come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are all alright.

Renee said...

I am so glad you and your family are all right.

Mom said...

Well that's a bummer!
I'm glad you guys are OK.

Patti Doughty said...

Thanks, all. We've all been quite traumatized. And I couldn't reach Don to tell him about it. But his boss finally had him call me this morning and I got to hear his voice, so the whole world looks better once again.

Patti