Search This Blog

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hidden stuff

We've finally gotten our Den Armoire put together. Don's been moving our electronics into it so we can get rid of our old entertainment center. Last night, I organized all the DVD's and VHS's. This afternoon I was standing in the Den when one of the kids opened the drawer to take out a movie.

"WOW," he child exclaimed. Everything was neat, you could read the titles of all the movies, and they are EASY TO PUT AWAY NEATLY!!

I'm on a roll now. We have our new leather couch and our armoire where we can stash everything neatly behind closed doors. There's a very nice, large drawer for Deanna's dance mats, Dane's video games, and all the remotes. And the cushions on the couch can't be removed. I haven't a single time had to put them back on the couch correctly, like I'm accustomed to doing a dozen times daily.

Don's having visions of being able to find the remotes. The kids are having visions of being able to find their movies. And I'm having visions of neatness. "WOW" is right.

Next stop on the Doughty organized-home train - a new 4-drawer wooden file cabinet (to replace the three 2-drawer ones we have now) and a computer armoire so all of Don's computer mess can be organized and neatly closed off.

Excitement is rippling through the house. I'm beginning to feel like order in our home is attainable - at least, putting the stacks of papers behind closed doors is possible.

Hurrah for armoires.

2 comments:

Mom said...

All the organization is going on at my house too. I'm getting ready for baby number 3 coming in about 9 weeks. Everything needs a new home it seems. It's fun but exhausting. I'm excited for you as much as I am for myself knowing that when this is done it will be spectacular!

Patti Doughty said...

Talli,

CONGRATS!! I'm not sure I knew that you were pregnant again.

I'm thrilled, though, that we're getting some order in our home. And I can't wait to see how much I can get done when all three are in school - although I'll miss the little fella terribly.

Hope all is well with you.

Patti