Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tops and Bottoms

I've been going to physical therapy twice a week for my ankle. You might remember it got hit by the leg of the kneeler at church. Progress has been slow, but it seems to be doing a little better today after a week's rest, so we're back on track with more exercises.

After therapy, we stopped at the Mall. In my nesting, I've cleaned out Deanna's dresser drawers. We got rid of clothes that don't fit or that she doesn't wear and, in the process, found two pairs of shorts without shirts that I didn't even know she had.

Penney's had some darling shirts on sale a few weeks ago that would go well with her shorts, so we made a quick stop to pick up two.

The boys insisted on looking in the boys' department. As we were wandering through, I realized that all of Dane's shorts sets need help. I found a great buy several years ago on Adidas athletic shorts and bought him several pairs in different styles and colors. Later, I found shirts for him on sale, and we matched them up to the shorts, producing 4 or 5 nice shorts sets. Lately, I've noticed that the shorts are plenty long, but the shirts are getting way too short. I found a 3-pack of screen-printed T's on sale in the right colors and threw it in with Deanna's tops. When we got home, we matched them to his shorts and he tried on the new outfits with the old shorts.

They looked great on him. He now has shirts at an appropriate length. As I was folding the old shirts to put in the pile for Daelyn to grow into, I checked the size on one.

5! It was a size 5. No wonder they were getting a little short on my 8-yr. old.

So much for putting them away for Daelyn. He's in size 5's now.

1 comment:

Renee said...

My sister in law told me this weekend it looks like both of my kids has got taller since she saw them last, and that was only 3 weeks ago... I also just got rid of some of their shorts they wore last year, that was also a 5 they are both in 7 this year.....