Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A Visitor in our Home

I was on the phone with a friend several days ago and we were taking about her family going camping yesterday and returning today. In the midst of our conversation, she remembered that she was dog-sitting for another mutual friend. Mickey, a female poodle-mix, was staying at their house.

"What am I going to do with Mickey?" she wondered aloud. "I guess we could take her with us."

Mickey is older, a little frail, and doesn't quite seem like the camping-kind-of-dog.

"You could bring her over here and see if she and Donovan get along. If so, we could keep her for you," I offered.

I picked Mickey up yesterday afternoon when I took my kids swimming. She and Donovan seem to have come to some agreements, at least until he found her lying on the leather couch next to Don this morning. Jealousy erupted.

It's going okay, but we'll have to be careful not to hold her or be affectionate with this very affectionate dog while Donovan's nearby.

We love our Donovan best, but she's awfully cute, and don't we have an obligation to be hospitable to visitors?

Donovan votes "NO"!

No comments: