Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

News from Columbia

Things are starting to get scary again. Amanda had surgery today to prepare for the big, upcoming pelvic surgery. They took the pins out of her hips that were holding her pelvis together and closed up some of her chest cavity, but were unable to close the chest and stomach muscles as they had atrophied and would no longer pull together. They will put that issue on hold to deal with later.

They wanted to go in, look over the situation, and make sure there was no infection, which is still a HUGE concern. She looked good and they're ready to begin the long pelvic reconstruction process either Thursday or Friday.

Amanda's having a VERY hard time. She spent most of the night and today crying and her state of mind will have a direct impact on her ability to heal. She's scared and this new environment isn't doing anything to reassure her.

My father and I are driving up tomorrow. Perhaps we can relieve a little of the pressure off my sister and my mother. At the very least, they'll have a new, friendly face to look at.

The situation is very grave. My niece and her family need a great deal of prayer as they prepare for the hardest thing they've ever had to endure.

Lord, pour out your grace and please, please, send your peace. Wash over my niece with the assurance that only can come from you. Hold her in your arms and let her feel your presence, even your breath, upon her body as you continue the healing process. And let her mind rest from worry and care and focus only on you. Lord, bless her and heal her and let her know that it is YOU who saved and are still about saving her.

Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Please know my prayers are with her. I will add her to my prayer list at church..... Keep the faith.

Patti Doughty said...

Thank you, Renee, and all that are praying for my sweet girl! She needs as much prayer support as she can get.

Patti

Eric said...

Thank you Patti for keeping us updated. Everyone is still in my prayers.