Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

It Runs in the Family

My children tell me all the time that I'm crazy. I certainly enjoy having fun.

Take Saturday, for example. We've been eating outside on the deck as much as possible since it's only comfortable enough in Georgia for two weeks in the Spring. Then it's just too hot. I set the table outside, then called to the children. Daelyn was riding bikes through the backyards with some boys from down the road. One of them had brought a bike ramp over to our yard and the kids were jumping their bikes.

After we sat to eat, Deanna said, "I sure wish they'd leave the ramp. I'd like to try it." Daelyn quickly called to his friend in the backyard and asked if we could keep it for a while. His friend agreed and left the ramp behind. We gobbled down our dinner, then the children and I grabbed our bikes out of the shed and began running them through the yard and over the ramp.

There were some great crashes. Don sat on the deck watching, shaking his head. It was very fun. Although the children are all a little bruised and sore, Mama ruled the yard and the ramp!

When my children comment about their crazy mother, I remind them that I got it honestly, as you can see from this picture. It was taken just after my mother (who'll turn 77 this year) tackled my 52 year old sister last Sunday. It seems being a Hunt means being a little crazy.

My children just haven't grown into their Hunt-ness yet.

2 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

love it! mama's who are wild and crazy...i even get the occasional eye roll, 'i am not related to this woman' look from my girls, even molly, who is only 4....
what gives and they'll grow into it...the DNA contains such traits, it is simply maturing!

Patti Doughty said...

Amen, Sistah!

By the way, we're praying for you and the girls and Mike while you're takin' care of baby in the hospital. Been there and understand, believe you me.

Patti