Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Better Late . . .

I've been pretty pitiful about posting this summer. We spent another week at my in-law's in West Virginia. We were to leave Dane behind for his week with them, but we were all sick by the time we left and it seemed best to reschedule his time with his grandparents.

Don scheduled another appointment with my doctor for me, which I kept on Monday. I just keep getting sicker. I had already been through two rounds of antibiotics, one fairly strong.

The result - still have a sinus infection and now we've added bronchitis to it. He sent me for a CT Scan later in the day. The next afternoon I got a call from my sometimes ENT's office, telling me that I had been referred to them and they needed to schedule an appointment for me to see my ENT right away. I guess the CT didn't look so good.

The next morning, I took all three children to the doctor. Although he believed them all to have only colds, since they have not yet cleared up, chances are they now all have sinus infections, as well.

On Thursday, after fighting light-headedness, extreme fatigue, crazy coughing, headaches, and difficulty breathing for a couple of weeks, I went back to see my doctor. In addition to polyps in my sinuses and thickening (which I assume means scar tissue), all the drain holes have been clogged up and my sinus' are unable to clear. Antibiotics rid the congestion of infection - temporarily - until it sits long enough to get re-infected. He also said that the infected mucous is draining into my lungs, infecting them as well.

Lovely. Deanna would say WAY too much information. But it's been a tough several weeks and I'm still fighting it all. Daelyn's cough is terrible and Deanna's constantly blowing her nose, sounding more like a trumpeting swan than a child.

The children have had enough time since we've been pretty stationary to work on Christmas presents. Dane and I sat down with his gift list last night and matched up crafts to people, setting priorities and laying out a plan for finishing. I'm very excited. He has some very cute things that he's made for the relatives and very appropriate. I love that my children do crafts and do such a good job.

So we muddle through, and when I can breath and think clearly, I try to prepare for our week at the beach, coming up soon.

Hope your summer's going well. Our's is going swimmingly, although not "well".

No comments: