Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Friend, Kim

I called my friend, Kim, this morning. She lives two doors down from the house we leased in Culcheth. She was at her mother's house with her Mother's Day present, having her mother try it on. I asked when Mother's Day is celebrated in England. It's my birthday weekend, March 18. I told Kim my birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, thus the name, and she told me that her birthday is in April.

The day I met Kim, I casually asked if anyone was living in the house next to us, inbetween us and Kim, the other half of our duplex or, as the English call it, a semi-detached home (which means two houses in one building or a duplex!!).

Kim responded, "No. She died. And the wife of the man who lives on the other side of me died. And the people who live behind me died."

A little startled, I commented that she was a scary person to live near. She laughingly told me that's what her husband, Kevin, says.

So today, we're talking about birthdays. Kim tells me hers is in April - "the day the Titanic sunk!"

She really is a little frightening to be around. It's a good thing she has such a winning personality and such a fabulous sense of humor!!

Love you, Kim. Hope you read this soon. I miss you terribly, my friend, and our conversation this morning made my whole week.

No comments: