Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sick Days

Dane has tonsilitis, so he's home again. Apparently, that's why he felt so bad on Tuesday when I kept him home.

I've been housebound all week with sick children. It's been GREAT!! I haven't been able to go anywhere so I've gotten the sheets and comforters washed, all the laundry done, and lots of house-cleaning done.

I remember telling Don once when we had our car in the shop for servicing that I loved being housebound - no distractions, no errands to run, just time to rest and clean. He jokingly responded that maybe we should get rid of our van. While I don't think I want to go quite that far (we pretty-much had that experience in England), it's wonderful to have almost a solid week with no running necessary. If there ever is a perfect time for the children to be sick, it was this week.

I'm finally getting the house cleaned up. It's looked like a tornado went through ever since we returned from England but this week has helped tremendously.

So I say, "Hip, hip, hooray!" for sick days and days of rest. They're far too few.

No comments: