Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Stuff of Dreams

The woman that Ken married yesterday has a 6-yr. old son by a previous marriage. The new couple left today for a Honeymoon Trip to Puerto Rico. But they are returning in a week, picking up Ryan, and going camping in the mountains for 3 days so Karen's son will feel a part of this marriage from the very beginning.

This morning, Daelyn and I were snuggling in my bed.

"Mama," he asked, "where are Uncle Ken and Aunt Karen?"

I explained that they're on their honeymoon now and have gone away on an airplane but that they'll be back in a week to pick up Ryan for the second part of it.

"I'm mad at you and Daddy!" he commented when I finished with my explanation.

"Whatever for, son? Why are you mad with us?"

"Because you didn't take me, Brother, or Sissy on YOUR honeymoon."

I tried to explain that none of them were born yet. He looked at me skeptically. He seems to think I'm trying to pull a fast-one on him to get away with the solitary honeymoon.

I'm sure it seems to him like he's been a part of our family from the very beginning. And, in some ways, they WERE along with us on our honeymoon - at least in all our more pleasant dreams.

No comments: