Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yin and Yang

A friend of mine has two sons, similar in personality to my two. Yesterday she told me a story that I could see happening in our home. She said, "If I had a Blog, I'd write about this one." So I asked her permission to use it.

While we were still in England, a dear friend of ours died after a battle with cancer. She left behind a high school daughter. My friend's son, the one with a temperament very much like Dane's - thoughtful, sensitive, sweet, gentle - was very impacted by her death. One evening soon after the funeral, as the family sat around eating, he was very quiet. His younger brother, very much like Daelyn, is more boisterous, fun-loving, and lives life to the fullest. The more pensive brother looked at the more boisterous one and said, "What would we do if our parents ever died?"

The younger brother didn't miss a beat.

"Anything we wanted!"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this story. Hilarious.

My name is Dianna said...

Too funny! Those boys are so funny! God bless him, I have some similar personalities in my house and I can just imagine how infuriated the older was with the younger. One of those moments that you have to crawl under the table to laugh b/f you address the situation.