Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2007

Angels and Twips

Daelyn, at the top of his voice: "Shepherds, why this Jubilee? Why your gladsumm . . . stwains pwowong? Say, what may the tidings bwing, which inspire this heavenwy song?"

Me, in shock: "Daelyn, where did you learn those words?"

Deanna: "Mom, he's not singing it RIGHT!"

Me: "He most certainly IS. Didn't you hear it? Daelyn, sing it again for Sissy."

Daelyn, with a triumphant smile on his face, repeats this verse of "Angels, We Have Heard on High".

Deanna looks at me in shock, then quickly regroups: "I taught him!"


Deanna told us this joke at the dinner table last week: "What's a twip?"

Me: "I don't know. What IS a twip?"

Deanna: "A wide on a twain."

This cracks me up. I assume it's because I have a child who talks just like this. Don says he doesn't get the joke. Dane gets a funny look on his face everytime Deanna tells it. But she, Daelyn and I love it. We tell the joke over and over again, cracking up every time.

We just appreciate the little things in life.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Patti, my all-time favorite knock-knock joke (the only one I can remember): knock-knock. Who's there? Dwayne. Dwayne who? Dwayne the bathtub, I'm dwoning.

Gets me every. time.

Love to you and yours! Merry Christmas.

Rachel said...

(make that: I'm Dwowning.)

Ecce Quam Bonum said...

PD, My fav is:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Tang.
Tang, who?
Tang! I'm a tongue-tied towtoy. TANG!

Several little Sekleckis had this particular lisp as preschoolers. What they called me-- loudly, endlessly, and preceded by "Aunt"-- made Roger have to sit down and hold his sides.