Search This Blog

Friday, December 07, 2007

Sound Sleeper

Don called from work yesterday.

"How's the wiggly boy?" he asked.

"Which wiggly boy? And why are you calling one of the boys 'wiggly'? Did one of them show up in bed with us last night?" I asked

"You don't remember?"

"No. Not a bit. What happened?"

"About midnight Daelyn showed up at our bed."

"I don't remember. Did he say anything?"

"Yes, honey. You really don't remember?"

"NO, I DON'T! What did he say?"

"He said he couldn't breath."

"Did I say anything?"

"Yes."

"Well, TELL ME! What did I say to him?"

"You really don't remember this, do you?"

"Of course not. Do I sound like I remember? What did I say?"

"You said, 'Don't sit on the puppy.'"

Oh, lovely! That's a caring, concerned Mom for ya. Not only do I not remember any of this, I was also more concerned about the dog than my 5-yr. old who couldn't breath. Apparently he got through it. He was still breathing yesterday morning when he got up to dress for school. I guess it wasn't worth complaining about. Apparently, Mom didn't care!

Merry Christmas to you, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti, i can proudly announce,that your card has been the first xmas card we have received this year. And it really is so heartwarming that it came all the way from the other side of the ocean! Thank you. Hopefully you are all ok and enjoyng the festive period. I had a school reunioin party on saturday in estonia,where of course i had to go! I danced so much that i must have twisted both of my ancles at least twice!! Now i cant walk properly and i feel like my joints are made out of wood!!

Greetings from Chris and Zeus as well!

Mon.