Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2007

Cold Winds of Change

There REALLY IS a floor underneath all the toys in the Toy Room. All the toys and most of the furniture are gone now and I had forgotten how lovely that room really is.

We're busily trying to find places for all the rest of the furniture in that room and clear the hallways for the big move tomorrow.

My parents are returning home from Africa tonight. I can't wait for them to be home. This is a horrible time of the year to be gone.

My brother called yesterday to say that my nephew has joined the military and leaves for Boot Camp in January. This is exciting news for us. My father was a career Army officer and my brother went through college on an R.O.T.C. scholarship - fine military traditions. There's also the matter of a young man with no clear direction in his life, wandering aimlessly and just getting into trouble, who now will grow up and learn discipline.

I'm not thrilled that he might have to go to war, but it's what adults sometimes need to do, and that's a good thing, not a bad thing. My father found a way for himself, after a very troubled youth, when he finally buckled down and decided to "do" the Army the way they wanted him to. It changed his life and opened up doors to him that he never dreamed.

If you have a few spare moments, pray for peace in our home. We have many issues and challenges facing us right now and more to do than any one family could ever accomplish - but with God's help, everything is possible.

The weather has finally turned cold. It was 27 this morning when the alarm clock rose me out of my few hours sleep. It's beginning to FEEL like Christmas, and, for that, I am very grateful.

Now, if I can just keep warm and get caught up on my sleep . . .

No comments: