Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Special, so Special

Thursday night I bought shrimp to have with our pizza for dinner. I boiled them in crab boil, then make homemade cocktail sauce. It was luscious and Dane and Daelyn ate their fill.

We went to Publix today to get our cheeses for our Christmas Eve Fondue and they had crablegs on sale - $5.99/lb. I bought 3 clusters - one for each of the boys and me. We're going to have them with tonight's dinner.

I also am chilling a bottle of sparkling cider to go with our fondue and I bought a port wine cheeseball that we'll attack sometime between now and Christmas morning - maybe this evening. I just can't shake the feeling that this time with our children is so precious, we need to do everything possible to make it special and memorable, not that we've EVER had a Christmas that wasn't memorable.

Deanna commented on the drive home from Publix after church that she was getting that excited feeling in the pit of her stomach. Me, too. We all gathered in the living room this afternoon - the children re-stacking the presents so there's room for people, me sorting through all the stuff we moved in there to get out of Nicki's room so she could move in, and Don just coming in to spend time with us. We started shaking presents and played a guessing game to try and figure out what they are. We laughed so hard Nicki was afraid to come in when she came home from her parent's.

It's almost here - Christmas Eve. Daelyn found the baby Jesus from our Nativity in the knife drawer this week and is ready to put him in the Creche. Donovan is sniffing out all his toys and the boys just seem to be floating. Don even is catching the bug this year.

Kel, just in case you're checking in, you didn't leave me a phone number and I miss you already! Yesterday, the kids and I talked about you being in Michigan and how funny it seems to have you gone at such a special time. Hope the trip up was okay.

Merry Christmas to ALL! And, if I don't write again until after Christmas, I hope Jesus is born anew in each of your hearts this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry, blessed Christmas! We misss you, too!

The drive was positively annointed. No problems! We arrived to 6 inches of snow on the ground (not on the roads). Friday was a day of snow angels, snow men, snow forts, and sledding. Fun!

Saturday brought rain. Bye bye to the snow. Then last night it began to fall again.

God's blessing to all of you.

Kelly