Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Linger a while

Christmas GOES so fast! All the preparation and energy, then, you blink, and it's all over.

I like to leave my tree up until March or so to enjoy the lights and smell just a little longer. I'm joking, of course, but only a little. We do leave our tree up until at least the middle of January.

Yesterday, while walking into the Mall with Deanna, we noticed huge dumpsters full of Christmas trees. I guess the stores got them out as soon as they could. They're already putting out their spring merchandise. No more carols on the radio, yard lights steadily coming down.

I want to savor the season. I want to sit in the living room with just the fireplace and tree lights on and drink a cup of hot tea while I ponder the goodness of the Lord. I want to spend EVERY evening having family time. I want to, at the very least, enjoy the 12 days of Christmas and celebrate until Epiphany.

Our lives are always so rushed. There's seldom time to smell the roses, appreciate the beauty of a sunset, or linger around the Christmas tree. But, doggone it, I'm going to do it this year.

Just as soon as I get those train parts down out of the attic that my friend wants to buy from me and the article for my father typed that's due on Wednesday, and the laundry caught up . . .

No comments: