Search This Blog

Monday, March 03, 2008

Many fronts

Deanna and I got home around 8 p.m. last night. We went to Stone Mountain, Ga for our retreat and had a wonderful time. We stayed at a Marriott Resort where I had stayed once on Company business. I purchased a package deal that included two 2-day tickets to the park and the Resort had a shuttle that took us back and forth, so it was quite nice.

After tucking the boys in and kissing Don, I called my father. He said that Amanda will be moved on Tuesday to a step-down, chronic-care hospital. My sister and her husband went over and toured the facility over the weekend and visited with some of our friends from the ICU waiting room who have also been moved there. They both felt good about the hospital and have agreed to the move. It seems it's a positive step forward - Amanda no longer needs the care of an acute hospital, which means she's improving.

She currently has 5 different infections that she's fighting. That's all the more reason to get her out of this hospital. There should be less bugs floating around the chronic care hospital.

Daelyn climbed in bed with me this morning after Don left for work and is coughing quite a bit. I'm a little concerned about him. He had pneumonia two weeks ago, and it seems to me he may not be completely over it. He has a recheck with his pediatrician on Thursday.

Don went to see his doctor again on Friday for the second time in a week. They put him on more antibiotics and steroids. He seems to be feeling better although he was up during the middle of the night. I hadn't yet fallen asleep (I have a love-hate relationship with Starbuck's) when he jumped out of bed and didn't return. This morning, I asked him why he didn't come back to bed. He said I was snoring too loud. I didn't put on my sleep apnea mask last night - I was just too tired to bother with it. So my husband paid the price. I'm going to have to do better about that.

I'm actually feeling pretty good, although I didn't sleep well last night or Friday night in the hotel. Don will be leaving for England, which means I won't sleep well for two weeks, either, so I'm going to need to go to bed early a few nights this week before he leaves to get caught up.

Dane is scheduled for gastroendoscopy next Monday. It's a surgical procedure that they'll do in the hospital under general anesthesia (twilight sleep). I'm a little concerned about going through this without Don. Please say a little prayer for me. I'm hoping to take advantage of the sleepless nights without Don to get some things done in that house that are sorely behind schedule.

Other than that, life is very typical this fine, almost-spring Monday morning. The laundry awaits me, so I will sign off for now.

Maybe I can manage another cup of coffee (instant, decaf) after switching laundry loads.

No comments: