Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

News

Dane had his gastroendoscopy this morning at the same hospital where Amanda now resides. While we were waiting to get called back for pre-op, my mother walked over to Amanda's room and returned with my sister. She said Amanda was downright perky this morning, for the first time since the accident. This was very good news.

I called Don in England today and he didn't answer his cellphone, which I found puzzling. A few minutes later, he called me back and told me that he was driving at the time and couldn't negotiate the roads on the wrong side of the car, the wrong side of the street, shifting on the left, and answer his phone at the same time (not to mention the fact that it's illegal to talk on your phone while driving in England). It seems the Company has given him a minivan to drive for the two weeks he's there. Hallelujah! Maybe that means he'll get to a grocery store and pick up some Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup and crumpets for me and the kids. It's still a little surprising to me how hooked we got on some English foods.

I got the children in bed at 6:00 tonight. We're all overtired and, with the time-change and Dane's procedure today, everyone needed a little extra rest. I laid down with the boys and fell asleep, waking up chilled to the bone. Time for a nice cup of hot tea.

The news about Amanda was so encouraging and, now that we're through the meal I had to prepare for the Vestry at my church yesterday and Dane's procedure today, I think I might be able to sleep - not too well, though, without my honey next to me. And, no, Donovan doesn't count.

So, there's lots for which to be thankful tonight. The Lord saved my niece and is working on healing my son. Life is full, but good. I feel sorry for people who get bored. I'd love to have the opportunity - just for two weeks or so. Get caught up on all my mending and cleaning, menu planning and laundry, organizing and sorting, cleaning out closets and the attic, and then have time to just relax! Isn't that a wonderful thought.

But this is good, too.

1 comment:

Eric said...

So wonderful to hear the GREAT news about Amanda!
Also, I do see the double rainbow in your previous pick. One of the best things about rainbows that I remember is, "Once when flying I looked out the window and saw a rainbow beneath the plane. Really weird to see it from that angle but amazing too!