Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Slowly, slowly

Don and I are still both struggling with feeling poorly. And Dane doesn't seem to be quite bouncing back.

We had a Family Reunion of sorts this weekend and were away Friday and Saturday. When we got home Saturday night, in the midst of the pouring rain, lighting, and winds, we all headed quickly to bed. We slept in this morning and went to church late - the 11:30 service. On the way, I asked Don how he was feeling.

"I thought I was feeling fine until I stopped taking pain medicine. Now my throat hurts and I have a headache."

I'm still feeling weak and tired as well, and my stomach's doing strange things. Dane has been doing more sleeping than usual and complained this evening before bed of his stomach and head.

Before we left for West Virginia, my mother-in-law told me that she had been sick and was struggling to get better. She said everyone up there had told her it took about 3 weeks to really feel better. I'm beginning to understand.

Unfortunately, I don't have 3 weeks. This Thursday, I leave with Deanna's Little Sister's group (like Pioneer Girls) for a 3-day trip to Cumberland Island that's the culmination of their 5-year program. This is the last year of Little Sisters for them.

We're all going to have to try to get some sleep the early part of this week so we'll be in a little better shape come next week. Deanna and Dane have both finished their reports now and we celebrated Daelyn's birthday tonight at Chuck E. Cheese, so we should have a LITTLE slack this week, although Dane has baseball practice Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

Maybe, just maybe we'll get some rest and begin to feel better soon.

No comments: