Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reagan MaKenzie Hunt


This is my nephew, Chad, with his new baby girl. He's reading to her, letting her hear Daddy's voice so she knows he's near. They can't hold her because of the tubes, but they stroke her little limbs and chest and face and talk to her.

She's improving. My sister-in-law asked one of the Neo-Natal ICU nurses about her chances and they told her that once the baby reaches this point, there's a 90% chance of recovery.

Here's another picture of our little darling. Notice the pink bow. She opens her eyes when her mommy and daddy talk to her, unless she's just too tired and needs a nap. I just can't wait to hold her.



On another front, we heard from Dane's Pediatrician this morning. They're referring him to my ENT, Dr. Harmon. His sinuses looked pretty bad which, of course, I already knew. Don downloaded his CT last night and we looked at it closely, explaining to Dane what it meant. Dane seemed less than interested. He liked looking at his skeleton, but the sinuses were insignificant to him.

I asked Don what he thought.

"Well," he said, "he's not near as bad as you, but he's way worse than me."

No comments: