Search This Blog

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Very near the end . . . of the rope, that is.

It's amazing how children so quickly see through us. They know all the chinks in our armor and are experts at exploiting those chinks. It seems that from the time they're babies in arms, they know when Mommy's preoccupied and they can get away with murder.

That about sums up my week. I've been preoccupied, they've gotten away with murder, or at least not doing chores or homework, not cleaning their rooms, not getting to bed on time, not being kind to each other, just playing, playing, playing. One night, inbetween phone calls, I finally went looking for them, well after dark. They were outside, playing in the yards. I'm sure all the other children were already settled in their warm houses. NOT MINE! Running around like hooligans, dressed for summer in 40 degree weather.

But the Silent Auction is only two days away and then we'll be able to return to some normalcy. Granted, a couple of weeks before Christmas-normalcy, which isn't ever really normal in and of itself. But I'll grasp for straws right now.

Got to do some baking today and keep the house afloat. I can hang on for another two days. Especially if I keep telling myself that I can!

No comments: