Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Drink it up anyway!

When we were in England, the children discovered exotic juices. They fell in love with mango, papaya, etc. Upon our return, they really wanted to continue drinking juice but "none 'a that yucky stuff". We finally found a line of refrigerated juices from Welch's. I buy one half gallon per week and try to vary the flavor. This week's installment is Passion Fruit.

Because it costs roughly as much as our monthly mortgage, I use small juice glasses with their breakfast. I poured their glasses this morning, then herded over them to be certain every drop was consumed. When Daelyn still had half a glass left and it was almost time to walk out the door to school, I prompted him to finish up.

"I can't drink anymore," he said. "I'm full."

"Deanna," I asked, "could you please finish up your brother's juice?" She, being older, understands that Passion Fruit is roughly comparable to liquid gold. She politely took Daelyn's juice glass and started to drink, but not before making an awful face.

"What's THAT all about?" I asked, surprised at the look. Could it be she really didn't like Passion Fruit? "What was that face for?"

"Well, there were two eyelashes in Daelyn's juice."

No comments: