Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Home Stretch

We're already into the end-of-school rush: last minute field trips, Teacher's gifts, baseball games, Choir Concert, and plans for the summer.

I keep telling the children to just hang on, we're almost there. Only 17 more days of school . . . and counting!

I can't wait for the summer. I can't wait to put the lunch boxes up in the cabinet and not have to deal with them for 3 months! I just want to sleep in, hit the pool, and spend lazy days lolling around with my children.

We're trying to plan a trip to Washington, D.C. and have already scheduled a camping trip with friends for the week after the children get out of school. We also have a short, 4-day vacation in Hilton Head planned and visits to Grandma and Grandpa's. Last year was a little too busy for me, so this year I'd like to slow down a little and enjoy the summer. But I sure am ready to get it started.

I just have to get through the next 3 1/2 weeks!!!

No comments: