Search This Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Am I Training Him or is He Training Me?

We had our first VERY successful day yesterday - hopefully, the first of many. Donovan was accident-free in the house and demonstrated that he sits on command for my parents. I was thrilled.

Last night, as I was bragging about our success to Don, I decided I better take the little guy out one more time before kenneling him for the night. As I attached his leash and followed him to the back door and then across the deck and down the stairs, it occurred to me that I'm very careful to take him out about every 1/2 hour unless he's kennelled and immediately upon removing him from his kennel and after meals and, even, after he's had a big drink of water.

So, just who's training who? Have I taught Donovan to only tinkle outside or has he taught me to take him out so often that the opportunity for him to have an accident is almost non-existant? Good question. No clear answer.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: