Search This Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's the Puppy's fault

It's getting harder and harder to post these days. My schedule has gotten mixed up again with puppy on the scene. During my "posting time", I'm now walking Donovan. He needs at least 3 walks a day to contain his energy. And then there are visits to the Vet.

I thought we held the record for Pediatrician visits - now we're rivaling that score with Vet visits. Apparently, Donovan is allergic to something and is scratching and crying often. Last week, he had eaten his tail up so badly, he needed to be put on an antibiotic.

I'd line them up in the morning on the counter - Deanna's antibiotic - 2 tsps. 2X day, Dane's antibiotic - 1 tsp. 3X day, and Donavan's antibiotic - .5 cc's 2X day. Deanna's done with hers now and Dane just finished his yesterday, so Donovan is the only antibiotic in the mornings. Then you add in tinkle visits, play time, etc. and the day was quite full.

But he's now potty trained (this is in a whisper - don't let's tempt fate!!) and that means fewer visits outside and I don't have to watch him literally every second he's not in his crate (which seems to only be nighttime and family dinnertime).

The kids are still getting up at 6:00 a.m. to "see the puppy". They're wearing me out as much as he is. I wonder when the "new puppy syndrome" is going to wear off. They seem to be more excited about him now than when we first got him 2 1/2 weeks ago.

So my life is busy and even fuller, but we're all deliriously happy. We've wanted a dog for a long time and we can't believe he's really ours and will be for years to come. It's as if he's on loan to us and someone's going to spirit him away any day. We're living each second to its fullest.

Sorry, Blogger friends, but we have this darling puppy. I'll try and post some pictures soon and then you'll understand.

No comments: